Education First Aid Course
Brisbane & Gold Coast
HLTAID004 PROVIDE AN EMERGENCY FIRST AID RESPONSE IN AN EDUCATION AND CARE SETTING
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with a real-life situation, particularly in an education and care setting.
This course has been developed for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
During training you will gain the confidence and ability to recognise an emergency situation, identify hazards and make them safer, and provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
You will also learn the importance of recognising the possible psychological impacts on self, other rescuers and children, talking with children
Education First Aid Course
(Face to Face)
6 Hours (Blended Delivery)
Training During COVID-19
Ensuring the safety of our participants, clients, trainers and wider community is of the upmost importance – this is why we are offering adapted version of our training sessions.
Can we still deliver training to you? YES
Follow the button below for detailed information on our current COVID-19 adjusted training sessions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
Units Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at LA First Aid’s facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
- Participants must have the physical capacity to establish and maintain first aid facilities.
- Participants must be able to use a computer t conduct research on the internet.
(face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 30-minute face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
- Online course – self paced online learning and assessment to be completed within six (6) months from the date of enrolment.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
Work Placement Arrangements
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
• Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment for individual participants is required to be completed upfront via:
– Credit Card Online
After payment has been received by LA First Aid the following will occur:
– participant will receive an email confirmation containing the details of the course they are booked into (including time, location, course type); AND
– receipt of payment.
Once training has successfully been completed, each participant will receive an email to log in and download a PDF version of their certificate.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks – The assessor will observe you demonstrating the following:
- Infant CPR
- Adult/child CPR & defibrillation
- Anaphylaxis & epi pen
- Asthma & medication
- Written incident report
- Head injury
- Turn a casualty on his/her side
- Bleeding control & shock
- Pit for snake/spider bite
- Rice for sprain
- Bandage & sling for fracture
- Verbal report, debrief and evaluate
- Research relevant websites to locate First Aid Codes of Practice and answer written questions
- Complete a written first aid response plan form
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. You must complete all assessment questions.