First Aid Course
HLTAID005 PROVIDE FIRST AID IN REMOTE SITUATIONS
This first aid course will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies when in a remote situation. Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or involve severe bleeding in a challenging environment and where help is further away. These procedures carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation. You will develop the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention techniques such as performing CPR, as well as the first aid treatment of other conditions, such as administering an autoinjector, or asthma medication, or assisting someone choking. The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
First Aid Course
(Face to Face)
2 Hours (Blended Delivery)
Training During COVID-19
Ensuring the safety of our participants, clients, trainers and wider community is of the upmost importance – this is why we are offering adapted version of our training sessions.
Can we still deliver training to you? YES
Follow the button below for detailed information on our current COVID-19 adjusted training sessions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at LA First Aid’s facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
(face to face)
- Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 2 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 1-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 15-minute face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
- Online course – self paced online learning and assessment to be completed within six (6) months from the date of enrolment.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Work Placement Arrangements
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
• Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment for individual participants is required to be completed upfront via:
– Credit Card Online; OR
– Cash to LA First Aid.
After payment has been received by LA First Aid the following will occur:
– participant will receive an email confirmation containing the details of the course they are booked into (including time, location, course type); AND
– receipt of payment.
Once training has successfully been completed, each participant will receive an email to log in and download a PDF version of their certificate.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
Perform CPR on an infant.
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
Perform CPR on an adult.
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.