First Aid & LVR Course
HLTAID011 PROVIDE FIRST AID & UETTDRRF06 PERFORM A RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL
The First Aid and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform first aid (including CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
First Aid & LVR Course
(Face to Face)
8 Hours (Blended Delivery)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
Units Being Delivered
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at LA First Aid’s facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions).
Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of a simulated LV panel rescue.
Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment
(face to face)
- Face to Face – 10 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 8 hours (minimum) face to face course – with an additional of 2 hour pre-course work
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 40-minute face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 7.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for HLTAID011 Provide first aid is undertaken every 3 years.
UETTDRRF06 Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
Work Placement Arrangements
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
• Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
• Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
Payment for individual participants is required to be completed upfront via:
– Credit Card Online
After payment has been received by LA First Aid the following will occur:
– participant will receive an email confirmation containing the details of the course they are booked into (including time, location, course type); AND
– receipt of payment.
Once training has successfully been completed, each participant will receive an email to log in and download a PDF version of their certificate.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
- Perform CPR on an infant.
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)Choking with airway obstruction
- Unconscious casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Snake or funnel web spider bite
- Sprains and fractures
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue.
- Perform CPR on an adult.
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Low voltage panel rescue
Training During COVID-19
Ensuring the safety of our participants, clients, trainers and wider community is of the upmost importance – this is why we are offering adapted version of our training sessions.
Can we still deliver training to you? YES
Follow the button below for detailed information on our current COVID-19 adjusted training sessions.